Enter email to subscribe to Free Divorce Mini-Course
Divorce & Family Law MenuCanada Divorce Advice
Child Support Canada
Child Custody in Canada
Spousal Support (Alimony)
Family Law Procedure
Dating After Divorce
DNA Paternity Testing
Deciding on Divorce
Property Divorce Laws
Ontario Divorce Objectives
Legal Separation Canada
If you're in need of a Canadian Child Custody lawyer, Behrendt Law Chambers of OttawaDivorce.com is an excellent choice.
Don't be fooled in to thinking that the mother will automatically gain child custody. The court decides child custody based on what is in the child's best interests.
In Canadian child custody cases, the court will look at a number of factors in determining the child's best interests, including:
Canadian Child Custody
· each parent's ability to provide for the child's needs,
· the relationship each parent has with the child,
· your child's wishes, if he or she is old enough,
· if you have more than one child, the court normally prefers to keep them together,
· the court will try to minimise the disruption of the child's life, and
· any special needs of the child.